AboutCBRE's interior designers and engineers help you fit out and renovate your offices in Belgium.
We provide comprehensive office design services including architectural design, interior design, engineering, commissioning, construction management, design and build, and project and programme management.
Our adaptable, flexible workplace creations feature thoughtful solutions, aiming at inspiring creativity and collaboration, as well as attracting and retaining talent.
By going beyond functional needs to shape forward-thinking spaces, our dedicated professionals develop exceptional interior design for your offices in Belgium, with a thoughtful end-to-end process.
Our integrated architecture, interior design, engineering, and furniture advisory services drive speed-to-market and ensure value engineering throughout the design process of your offices in Belgium to maintain budget.
Our competitive supply chain sourcing and cost management deliver schedule compression through lead-time savings, innovation and quality, and a total cost of ownership (TCO) approach.
Our Interior Design services go beyond function to include full-service design, test-fits, site evaluation and master planning, concept and technical design, branding and FF&E.
Report | Creating Resilience
CBRE’s third edition of the ‘Is Sustainability Certification in Real Estate Worth it?’ research report focuses on how office sustainability certifications impact value creation, but also the role they are playing in making the office sector future fit.
This report aims to enhance the availability of data and insight into the relationship between sustainability and value in real estate, one of the sectors with the greatest potential to contribute to reducing carbon emissions. This transparency is important to real estate decision makers looking to financially justify action to meet sustainability targets.
Conclusions presented in this report show a significant correlation between sustainability certificates and buildings’ market value.
The key highlights from the report are:
1. Property owners and investors continue to pursue environmental certifications for their office properties. In the markets analysed, the certified share stands at 22% as at H1 2023, compared with 15% in 2019. Decision-making regarding certifications seems to happen later in the building development process, which reflects property owners’ considerations regarding potential changes in occupier and investor preferences, as well as legislation.
2. Certified office take-up has risen from 31% of the market in 2019, to 34% as at H1 2023, confirming the trend that sustainability is an important factor for occupiers in building selection. However, the local office supply composition restricts the scope for occupiers to choose certified buildings. In the case of mature office markets, the process of certification for new and refurbished buildings in the most sought-after locations will take time, thus impacting the availability of certified stock.
3. Certification can be a significant but not a determining factor in lowering vacancy risk. Balancing locational preferences with the sustainability agenda remains a challenge when committing to new space/location. In the short-term, the balance in the local markets will be influenced by the share of the certified space under construction. Across the sample, the certified share of the pipeline is a lot higher than the certified share of existing stock.
4. There is an enduring benefit to rents from verifiable measures to reduce carbon emissions. When the effects of building size, location, age, and renovation history are accounted for, buildings with sustainability certifications command a 7% rental premium. The rental premium exists for certified office buildings, regardless of building year. Hence, certifying both new and existing buildings ensures higher office rents compared to non-certified stock.
5. To allow for one-on-one comparison with our analysis conducted in 2022 (where the premium identified was 5.5%), we have conducted a separate analysis by limiting the sample to the same markets. For that sample, the regression model shows a 6.6% rental premium, which indicates positive development in the rental premium year-over-year.
6. Assets with lower EPC ratings generate on average lower rental levels than assets with better ratings. Countries where there is a binding legislation related to energy performance of office assets show a clearer underperformance of lower EPC ratings. In line with occupiers increasingly targeting the most energy efficient stock, property owners that invest early in retrofitting their portfolio stand to benefit the most in the long-term.
Context, Data Description and Method
The report covers 19 European countries and 40 cities. CBRE studied 19,400 lease agreements – of which 6,100 leases occurred in certified buildings and 13,300 leases occurred in non‑certified buildings.
Get in touch to discuss our results and help you with the opportunities presented by the findings.
The House of Marketing & AddDataDiegem – 700m²
International pharmaceutical companyBrussels – 3,700m²
Korn FerryBrussels – 800m²
GeopostBrussels – 487m²
BridgestoneZaventem – 5,500m²
Nu SkinZaventem – 900m²
BeiersdorfBrussels – 650m²
Remy CointreauDiegem – 700m²
IsalysBrussels – 1,000m²
FestoVilvoorde – 1,500m²
CBRE Belgium HQBrussels – 2,300m²
Pernod RicardBrussels – 800m²
Boehringer IngelheimBrussels – 1,600m²
Our award-winning design collective connects people to the built environment. We design spaces that are unique to each client while utilizing a process that is efficient, flexible and adaptable. With an emphasis on shaping forward-thinking spaces that bring people together, our designs create better places to work, live and play.
Functional and spatial planning, quality standards and interior design or workplaces, ranging from concept design, test-fits, full-service design to branding and FF&E selection.
Architecture and interior design
Complete planning and design services of new construction and fit-out projects. Our services include master planning, feasibility studies, planning and programming, and a comprehensive architecture service running from concept to project completion.
Our services range from full MEP engineering design, energy analysis, digital modelling and design reviews to condition assessments. We also handle the structural engineering aspects of new buildings, alterations for fit-out and renovations.
Our commissioning professionals test and certify mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems to verify they have been installed properly and meet design, construction and system hand-over standards. We also handle energy analysis to satisfy the requirements of sustainability certification schemes.
Our furniture advisory services provide you with the assurance that you’re paying what you should for furniture. With furniture typically making up 30% of a project budget, our team works with you to develop a customized bidding strategy aimed to garner awareness, transparency and cost reductions.
A Strategic Approach to Furniture Buying
We have developed industry-leading strategies to mitigate risks, align dealers and manufacturers to garner maximum competition, and provide insight into the value of discounting from each manufacturer and product.
Our core services:
- RFP Development & Analysis
- Product Evaluation & Award
- Discounting & Contract Negotiation
Additionally, we provide:
Furniture Pre-Order Auditing Services
A specialised pre-order placement audit service to ensure our clients are not being overcharged for products and services. With the frequency of specification changes that can be made between award and order placement, it is easy to lose track of the pricing and discounting offered in the RFP responses. We can help confirm costs and secure savings.
Furniture Advisory Logistics Oversight
We inform our clients on the status of orders, provide oversight of the schedule and installation, and ensure a timely completion of the punch-list and close-out.
The Value of Furniture Advisory
We have local, regional and global expertise. Our resources ensure we can negotiate the deepest discounting and most favourable terms for our clients.
You’ll know what to expect on every project. While we customize our process and strategy for every client, our high level of service and attention to detail is consistent across all projects and for all clients.
Unique Market Presence
Every team member brings dealer, manufacturer and/or client experience to the project, enabling us to develop an RFP strategy based on first-hand experience and deep knowledge.
We maintain a discounting database from every project and can verify if the discounting offered in the bid responses is commensurate with the project volume. When the discounting is not where it should be, we will negotiate to ensure our clients are paying fair market value.